
The snow looks beautiful doesn't it? We didn't feel so warm and fuzzy about it last night, though. For Family Home Evening we decided to go visit Melissa and Wyatt who live about 30 minutes away through the canyon. When we left, it was just raining through the canyon, but right after we got there it started to snow. We visited for about an hour, then started on our way home. Before we left said a prayer that we would make it home safely, which turned out to be a really great idea. I was driving so Mike could read our book while we drove. As we got to the entrance to the canyon the snow started coming down really hard and I asked Mike if he had a bad feeling about it because the last time I went through the canyon I had got stuck and he said no. We could only go about 25 miles an hour and the snow was blowing so hard you couldn't see the edge of the road. We were following a little compact car and a semi truck. After we had only been driving about 10 min we started to go up a hill. There was another semi that looked like it was pulled to the side of the road, and the semi we were following went around it. But before we had a chance to do anything, the other semi(which was actually in our lane) started to slide backward right toward us and the little car in front of us. Panicked, I looked in my rearview mirror to see if i could back up but there was already a line of cars behind me. Then I watched terrified as the semi slid sideways over both lanes of traffic and came barrelling down the hill toward us. I thought, " That car in front of us and my whole family is going to get killed right now!" But at the last second the semi jack knifed and hit the dirt which stopped him from sliding further. He came within about 5 feet of the small car which we were right behind. My brother Eric, who was also coming through the canyon the other direction called right then and asked if we wanted to borrow his Tahoe because he just saw a semi jack knife. Mike told him we were right behind it! We said a prayer right away and thanked Heavenly Father for keeping us safe. Mike drove the rest of the way because I was pretty shook up, and we made it home safely. It took us an hour and a half, and it normally takes 30 min. Mike stopped on the way home and got all the kids Burger King because we went home the long way instead of around the dam. It was an adventure and a great lesson of our dependence on our Heavenly Father.



So you won't use your own kids names but you freely use your nephew's name......
ReplyDeleteScary! I am so glad you are all OK and you made it home safe. Prayers are good things!
ReplyDelete