




What a great Christmas we had this year, especially because no one died of carbon monoxide poisoning! On Christmas Eve we went in the morning to help my parents clean the church because it was their turn, and Sunshine threw up while we were there. That was the beginning of the stomach flu going through our family! We had originally planned to spend the night at my parent's house because Mike thought it would be funner to spend the extra time with family and wake up for presents there, but I decided since Sunshine was sick we would just have to have our own Christmas so we didn't expose anyone else. But Melissa called and said it wouldn't be Christmas without us there, and since Sunshine was done throwing up we decided to go. We always draw names for my 3 brothers and sisters, and this year we had all the grandkids draw names for each other too so we opened all of those presents on Christmas eve. We had my brother Mike and got to give him a gun to go shooting with. He is such a sweetheart and is so thoughtful, he bought all his nieces and nephews gifts that they loved. All the grandkids got new pj's and that is the pic with them on the couch, they looked so cute! The hit of the toys was a Hot Potato game that Nikki got for Wyatt for $10 at Walmart. The kids played for an hour and even the little ones could do it. We had a great time and loved being with family. After dinner and presents Jo threw up all over the bathroom, I mean the walls, etc. it was pretty horrible and I cleaned it up. Mike put the little kids to sleep while I watched a movie with Nikki and Sassy and Jo and waited for SAnta. Eventually I realized Santa was asleep so I had some other helpers that got everything ready with me. Then we all went to bed. Jo threw up one more time that night but Aunt Nikki helped her. Then we got up about 8 to open presents, where we discovered that Apple had peed the bed. Yep that's how it went but my mom was a super good sport about it. After presents we ate breakfast and got ready for church. The next day Apple got sick and today Mike is sick so I guess it will be the rest of our turns soon, yuck!



No comments:
Post a Comment