Friday, October 9, 2009

Children's Book Reviews

I found a great new website that was advertised in the Mormon Times that reviews youth and young adult literature. www.theliteratemother.org rates books for violence,language and sexuality. Every time I took the girls to the library, I wished I could find a website like this one for the books they wanted to check out. The teenage section has such a wide variety of books, ranging from very explicit to child-safe, so you never knew what was in the books they checked out if you didn't read them first. This website is similar to www.kidsinmind.com which is for movie reviews. I love that website because now I don't have to sit through teeny bopper movies that Sassy wants to see! I just check them out on their website to see if they are appropriate for her.

1 comment:

  1. umm hello, i am the one who has to sit through teenie bopper movies with YOU. Great now i cant read explicite books.
    haha kidding.

    ReplyDelete