
This is Courtney before she sang in front of her whole class this week.
Courtney's class had a music talent day on wednesday and on monday night she asked me if I could teach her a new piano song by wednesday for it. When I told her no, that wouldn't be enough time she said ok I will just sing a Taylor Swift song. I thought that would be the end of it, but no she wrote down most of the words to "You Belong With Me" and then had Sassy print out the ones she didn't know that night. Tuesday evening she gave us many performances practicing it, and did such a great job remembering all the words and singing in tune because she wanted to sing without a backup cd, she did it acapella. On Wednesday morning when I was doing her hair, she told me that she had the courage to do this because another girl in her class who is the shyest person in class did it and so she knew she could do it too. I was just really surprised, no one in our family has ever done something like this, and really proud of her. When she came home she said it went great and she didn't even get nervous. It was great practice because our family is singing in church on the 18th of April and we need all the help we can get!



No comments:
Post a Comment