
Yesterday was a fun day for me! Mike jokes that I like to celebrate my birthday all month because it comes right before Valentine's Day, so I started the celebrating yesterday! Nikki took me to get my nails done while mom watched the girls and then last night Mike and I got to go behind the scenes at the Opera and see how it all works: the sets, costumes, hiring actors, etc with Michael Ballam. Mike knows Michael Ballam from working with him in Rotary club, but it was my first time to meet him. He even performed some wonderful singing for us! It was so fun and we learned a lot about the time it takes to put on the opera and we got to eat yummy refreshments afterward. It was a highlight for both of us because we both love the opera! Afterwards we came home and after we put the kids to bed I went into our bathroom and there was a beautiful early Valentine's present waiting for me! It was the best surprise, I was totally not expecting it and I just loved it! It was a bottle of Estee Lauder perfume and the awesome makeup set that came with it! I was so excited, it has been a long time since I have gotten a set like that because we have 5 girls to spend all our money on!!! We topped off the day by snuggling in bed and watching The Express, which was a great movie :)



Wow! What a nice husband!! That's the best kind of surprise when it's so nice as that and it's a total surprise, I love those!
ReplyDelete